Hope2SleepGuide

Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

I have had problems with my Resmed S9 APAP staying at 20 cm for 2-3 hours at a time which wrecks me the next day.

This problem has been ongoing for many months and when I think I have fixed it it comes back

Using Sleepyhead I can see that during this spell of high pressure it looks like I am double inhaling.

Is this possible??

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So if she didn't deal with COPD or Sleep Apnoea what did she deal with?

I think it is a simple case of the steroids keeping your airways in the lungs open when you are using your cpap.

A collar might keep you from restricting your own airways.

If the steroids work keep using them, I don't know why they thought you could do without them after you started cpap anyway?

A possible answer for the problem with high pressure is that my mouth is shutting during the night.

As my nose is partially blocked by polyps and a deviated septum the airflow is restricted so the machine keeps upping the pressure until I open my mouth again.

The problem is what mask will stop my mouth shutting ?

I thought you would say that.

I tried one in the past and have been trying out the bits I kept today but no way,

Im trying out a old Quattro Air tonight as it seems to stop my jaw from moving

Using the Quatro Air my 95% pressures have been about 14.5 for 2 nights with no major peaks in pressure.

.I have bought the  Quatro Fx which I used to use in the past and I will see how that goes tonight

Using the Quatro Air is certainly working. My 95% pressures are still below 15 and also Im getting a much better sleep.

I think the reason its working is that the inlet is lower on the Quatro Air and is also directed downwards. This direction of airflow seems to be stopping my mouth from closing..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Kath Hope replied to Alan Burt's discussion Painful, dry nose
"PS  Sterimar is a popular spray people try first as it contains only natural ingredients."
yesterday
Kath Hope replied to Alan Burt's discussion Painful, dry nose
"Welcome to the forum David It's very common for nasal dryness and good you didn't suffer from it previously.  The humidifier should sort this for you, but in the meantime you can try a Saline spray as it's better to use those…"
yesterday
Alan Burt posted a discussion

Painful, dry nose

Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum and came across it whilst doing an internet search on CPAP.It looks like a very supportive and resourceful place to be. I use a Resmed S9 (upgraded from an S8 two weeks ago) with a nasal mask. My pressure has…See More
Friday
Profile IconAlan Burt and C Riley joined Hope2SleepGuide
Thursday
Sleep2snore replied to Ann Murch's discussion New by wondering what to do next
"You're welcome."
Aug 8
Ann Murch replied to Ann Murch's discussion New by wondering what to do next
"That was great.  I am confident I can now sort out the problem and start getting a good nights sleep.  Thank you"
Aug 8
"Here is a YouTube Clinical video for the Devilbiss SLEEPCUBE clinical settings. https://youtu.be/V8pns9BYn64 It might be easier to watch, shows how to set up pressures etc. https://youtu.be/V8pns9BYn64"
Aug 8
"Make sure you have SmartFlex turned on, this will drop the pressure when you breath out. You didn't say what model you have, but as pressure was rising it must at least be Automatic. If you look in the manual it will tell you how to get into…"
Aug 8
Sleep2snore replied to Cathy's discussion New full face mask
"If it works for you use it. They are a bit quieter I am told so on its own will help, but comfort is the name of the game and if it fits the bill........ Glad you found a mask that works for you."
Aug 8
Profile IconMajella Ryan and Caroline Harvey joined Hope2SleepGuide
Jul 22
Ann Murch posted a discussion

New by wondering what to do next

Hi,my name is Ann and I stumbled across this site when looking to see where I could sell my CPAP machine but after reading some discussions, I now think that I may be better keeping it. I bought the  Sleep Cube as it was fully automatic and as I…See More
Jul 16
Ann Murch is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Jul 14
Cathy posted a discussion

New full face mask

Hi, I’ve been using the ResMed mirage Quattro since I was as diagnosed5 years ago. I’ve always hated it and found it so uncomfortable. Last week I bought myself a ResMed  airfit F20 with quiet air and it’s the best thing ever. Nothing covering my…See More
Jul 11
Kyla Davies joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Jul 11
John Wilkinson replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Hi Sharon, I have been using a Cpap machine for 7 months. I too struggled with a full face mask (Simplus as issued by sleep clinic) but I changed from a large to medium size mask and it is a lot more comfortable and, because it fits better, I…"
Jul 9
Edam replied to Edam's discussion Double inhaling
"Using the Quatro Air is certainly working. My 95% pressures are still below 15 and also Im getting a much better sleep. I think the reason its working is that the inlet is lower on the Quatro Air and is also directed downwards. This direction of…"
Jul 9
Eric Swindon added a discussion to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Thumbnail

Unused Masks for sale

I am offering these never used masks (all in original packaging with User Manuals) for half the current retail price (check them at www.eu-pap.co.uk) , that is £50 or £60 including shipping within the U.K. …See More
Jul 8
Eric Swindon joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Jul 8
Profile IconKyla Davies and Trina joined Hope2SleepGuide
Jul 8
Trina replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Thanks for accepting me! I am new to the sleep apnea world, but suspect I have had it for many, many years. It was just diagnosed as many of things. "
Jul 7

© 2018   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service