Hope2SleepGuide

Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

My Simplus FFM is nearly the best mask I have used over several years but I have a bad habit of putting my mask on with the forehead strap twisted and then going to sleep.

This mostly occurs when I have put the mask back on after a comfort break when Im only half awake.

To say !Im a bear with a sore head"  the next morning would be a understatement

I have tried many things to rectify this problem and thats why im thinking of a change of mask.

Any ideas how to sort this

Thanks

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You will just have to get used to checking this when you put the mask back on.

Strangely, I have a side strap twists now for some reason and it makes no difference it I check, it always appear to twist.

Very annoying and it does hurt a bit. I will make a pad for it that the strap can sit on it, but it is right at the ears so this might cause another problem being so close to the ears.

I twisted the forehead strap again last night and OUCH!!

Can anybody suggest a full face mask without the forehead strap.

I cant use the Resmed Airfit masks as I seem to be exactly between sizes 

What kind of strap is it, is it a cloth one or a silicone one?

If it is a cloth one you could sew a strip along it to give it a bit more rigidity/stiffness.

If it is a plastic one or a silicone one you could sew a bit of fabric round it to make it not so easy to twist it or make it a bit more comfortable.  I have never used this mask so I don't know it.  If I had a mask that fitted I would try anything to keep it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Lily Mae updated their profile
Tuesday
Profile IconKatherine Palmer and Lily Mae joined Hope2SleepGuide
Tuesday
Judy Y posted a discussion

Sleep apnoea and TMJ

HiI have been using my cpap for about 20 months now. On the whole have got on with it reasonably well.About 6 months ago started to develop a clicking in my jaw (only on the right side) and sometimes could not open my mouth properly, It is quite…See More
Sunday
Janice gordon is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 16
Mark A updated their profile
Apr 14
Mark A added a discussion to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Thumbnail

Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP APAP perfect condition with case and power supply

Bought this as a second machine for travel then changed jobs so didn’t use it doesn’t have the humidifier but you can buy them no hose or mask but bag etc with manuals …See More
Apr 14
Mark A joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Apr 14
Edward Kahn added a discussion to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Thumbnail

Resmed AutoSet S9

Selling a ResMed AutoSet S9Comes in a case with the power supply and a few extra tubesopen to offers and can post to UK + EuropeThanksplease email edd.kahn@gmail.comSee More
Apr 12
Eric Swindon replied to Beany Lad's discussion Advice Required, recently diagnosed with OSA
"That is great news. I tried again to message you but it said "You can't send a message until Beany Lad accepts your friend request." I can send you an unused nasal mask but it is unwise to quote addresses or private email addresses on…"
Apr 12
Beany Lad replied to Beany Lad's discussion Advice Required, recently diagnosed with OSA
"Hi Eric many thanks for your advice. Believe it or no after posting my story last night I think definitely managed to have the best night so far using the mask. After dropping off I did not find myself with a dry throat for the first time. I was…"
Apr 12
Eric Swindon replied to Beany Lad's discussion Advice Required, recently diagnosed with OSA
"Hi, I hope you read this tonight as I think I can help you. I tried to message you but we have to be friends first so my request will end up in your inbox. My first trials were at The Leicester General way back in the 1980's when sleep apnea…"
Apr 11
Beany Lad posted a discussion

Advice Require, recently diagnosed with OSA

Hi allI am so pleased I have come across this forum. To get the best advise I find it best to ask people who have the experience.My storyFor my work as a field based technical engineer I am required to drive long distances daily. Going back a few…See More
Apr 11
Beany Lad updated their profile
Apr 11
Edward Kahn joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Apr 11
Profile IconEdward Kahn and Beany Lad joined Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 11
Richard lang is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 6
Kevin Offland added a discussion to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Thumbnail

SELLING PHILIPS DREAMSTATION AUTO CPAP

Philips Dreamstation only a few hours use comes with a Resmed mask all tubes power supply, instructions and bag it's in amazing condition no smoking home this is one of the best machines on the market open to sensible offers drop me a message or…See More
Mar 31
Kevin Offland joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Mar 31
Kevin Offland posted a discussion

For sale Philips dreamstation

Philips dreamstation only a few hours used comes with a Resmed mask all tubes power supply, instructions and bag it's in…See More
Mar 26
Kevin Offland is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Mar 26

© 2019   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service