Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.

Welcome to the Hope2SleepGuide Forum, which is a service run by the Hope2Sleep Charity founded by Kath Hope with a marvellous team of trustees and volunteers. 

Kath herself has severe sleep apnoea and hypoventilation/hypercapnia, and has used CPAP for several years and is now on non-invasive ventilation.  Our trustees and volunteers are all either sufferers of sleep disordered breathing or clinicians/medics working in this field, and most importantly, we are all passionate in supporting (with empathy) others and raising awareness to help people live healthier and more energised lives.

Whilst we do not give medical advice, more often than not, with support, tips and knowledge, people can overcome any problems experienced with our therapy, and there is a whole page dedicated to this on the website http://www.hope2sleep.co.uk/tips-for-problems-sleeping-with-cpap-or...

Please come and join us, and don’t feel obligated to use your ‘real’ name if you prefer to remain anonymous as this is a public forum.  Don’t be shy in posting and sharing, as we’re all in this together and to help each other.

Best Wishes for good sleep!

Views: 7899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great.....will look forward to hearing from you Jonny.  This is where we put patient stories http://www.hope2sleep.co.uk/patient-stories.html

JonnyJ said:

Hi Kath,

My pleasure, and nothing but the truth - what you do is wonderful!

I also tried the Amara Gel mask which was very good in helping with symptoms, but did give me many red marks on my face and a rather painful point on the bridge of my nose - all, obviously, alleviated with the View mask.

I would of course love to be one of your Patient Stories, I will get in touch on your email as suggested.

Sleep well!

Reply to Discussion

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Edam replied to Edam's discussion Changing hospital
"I want to change because the other hospital, which is in a different trust, supplies a different make of mask. My present hospital only supplies one make of mask which is unsuitable for my nasal problems. Over the years I have spent hundreds of…"
Adam Cartwright replied to David thompson's discussion SELLING cpap airsense10 elite machine with travel bag and accessories in the group Buy-Sell-Swap
"Hi David I thought I'd check but I assume you have sold your Airsense 10 Elite?"
Adam Cartwright joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Profile IconAdam Cartwright and Linda Cook joined Hope2SleepGuide
Sleep2snore replied to Savannah A.'s discussion Sleep Centre in UK that measures UARS
"That is a difficult one, but if you have a Polysomnography done a good Sleep Doctor should spot the signs, however, it is often missed unless the patient mentions it or ENT (if you attended there first before referral) suspects you might have…"
Sleep2snore replied to ROBERT O'BRIEN's discussion c pap mask
"Yes, masks for one person do not mean they are for everyone, getting a supplier to give ou a refund if it is not suitable is good, but trying it on and lying down with your machine on for an hour or so is the only real way of trying a mask. …"
Sleep2snore replied to Edam's discussion Changing hospital
"It will depend on the Sleep Clinic or hospital, however, if you AHI is 1 why do you want to change? You might be allowed just to keep what you have already and the equipment transferred to the new Sleep Clinic. As your AHI is so low I very much…"
Edam posted a discussion

Changing hospital

I am considering asking my GP to refer me to another hospital for the supply and monitoring of CPAP .Would I just be supplied another CPAP and mask by the new hospital or would a new sleep test have to be done. As my original diagnosis was made…See More
Kath Hope replied to ROBERT O'BRIEN's discussion c pap mask
"I agree with giving it your best shot at getting the 'right' mask for you Bob, but even with all the best reviews in the world it's not possible to guarantee if it will be the 'right' mask for you.  It's why when…"
Mar 13
ROBERT O'BRIEN posted a discussion

c pap mask

hi everyone I am considering buying a more comfortable nasal mask, I am looking at the JOYCE SILK GEL NASAL MASK.  I have looked for reviews but cannot find any , has anyone on this forum used this mask and is it worth a hundred pounds.my current…See More
Mar 13
Kath Hope replied to Savannah A.'s discussion Sleep Centre in UK that measures UARS
"Unfortunately, there aren't as many as we'd like there to be.  The only way of truly diagnosing UARS is via Esophageal Manometry (Pes) which is rarer still here in the UK.  Take a look at our charity's webpage on this…"
Mar 12
Savannah A. posted a discussion

Sleep Centre in UK that measures UARS

Hi there,I have a connective tissue disorder that is associated with UARS (Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome).I was wondering whether there was a sleep centre in the UK that measures UARS in patients.I would be very grateful to hear from others.Many…See More
Mar 12
Savannah A. updated their profile
Mar 12
Boyertown replied to Julie Straiton's discussion Severe hair loss with mask straps ?
"Has there been any more news on this subject?  I am experiencing hair loss too. Thank you."
Mar 12
Boyertown updated their profile
Mar 12
Boyertown is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Mar 12
Kath Hope replied to Dave Cheeseman's discussion New diagnosis!
"Hi Dave, and sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with severe sleep apnoea, but when you get on CPAP you should start to feel so much better. To purchase a CPAP machine you need a prescription from the consultant, and if you really want to…"
Mar 11
Dave Cheeseman posted a discussion

New diagnosis!

Hi Everyone,I need a bit of advice from some more experienced people. I had a sleep study through the NHS last week & have been diagnosed with extreme Sleep Apnea (60-70 instances an hour). However I have now been told that I have to be referred…See More
Mar 11
Dave Cheeseman is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Mar 11
Kath Hope replied to Bernadette Plunkett's discussion Advice on ordering a CPAP machine from overseas
"Ha Ha, I just replied to this post then realised I'd replied to Bernadette and her post was from 2016. Have deleted it as it was irrelevant Good to hear you've got your DreamStation Go on the app now though."
Mar 10

© 2018   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service