Hope2SleepGuide

Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

All Discussions Tagged 'DVLA' (2)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Driving with Sleep Apnoea costs unnecessary lives. Please share to raise awareness.

The father of Toby (the young man killed in a traffic accident) meets up with the driver responsible for his death, due to undiagnosed slee…

Started by Kath Hope

1 Feb 24, 2017
Reply by Sleep2snore

Driving and Sleep Apnoea.

Following up on my forum post back on the 4th of July about “Driving and Sleep Apnoea” I thought I would bring you up to date with my exper…

Started by Graeme Joy

6 Sep 28, 2011
Reply by Julie

RSS

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Rod J Brunton posted a discussion

NEEDED: CPAP nasal pillow style mask & headgear - FX, DREAMWEAR or any similar style

Does anyone have a nasal pillow style mask & headgear they don't like or don't use? Mine vanished somewhere between Vancouver & Glasgow & I didn't notice till I got to Kirky.  I have a spare one at home, but that's not helping me while I…See More
9 hours ago
Rod J Brunton is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
10 hours ago
Andy Falconer updated their profile
yesterday
Andy Falconer replied to Andy Falconer's discussion First night with CPAP
"Hi Kath, I'm hoping the next few nights will see me get my AHI down further, but i'm also keen not to put too much pressure on the situation. I have to say i'm very impressed with the Hope2Sleep service so far, with regular updates…"
yesterday
Kath Hope replied to Andy Falconer's discussion First night with CPAP
"Hi Andy. That's a good first night and sounding positive already. You may find your AHI comes down over the next few nights. Ideally we're looking for it to be up to 5 which is classed as 'normal.'  Your other goods will be…"
yesterday
Andy Falconer posted a discussion

First night with CPAP

So last night was my first with my new CPAP machine (a Philips DreamStation with an Amara style mask), and got on surprisingly well. It took me a while to fall asleep and woke briefly a handful of times in the night but I would say it was very…See More
yesterday
Jonathan replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Hi I was a mouth breather.  I also slept flat on my stomach.  I now sleep on my side, and with a nose-only mask rapidly learned to keep my trap shut at night :)  The airway through my nose has significantly improved, which makes…"
Sunday
Andy Falconer replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Thank you both for the welcome and the advice! I've read a lot about the humidifiers, so I suspect this will be one of the first things I will purchase. I'm a mouth breather, so I'm hoping the hospital will provide a full mask when I…"
Saturday
Jonathan replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Hi Andy Sorry you've had a rough ride.  How times change.  My sleep study 10 years ago was just a finger pulse thing, and a camera.  I had 86 events per hour.  I guess we're all different, but the first night with my…"
Saturday
Iain Noble replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Andy, Sorry you have had so little support from the NHS. We have an excellent sleep clinic here in Cleveland. You won't have to surrender your driving licence but you will have to tell them if you are diagnosed with sleep apnea. Once you are…"
Saturday
Andy Falconer replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Hi everyone, I'm Andy and I am currently in the process of being diagnosed with OSA (I suspect), with an appointment at the Royal Stoke Uni Hospital to be fitted for a CPAP machine this coming Monday.   So far it has taken 12 months from…"
Friday
Andy Falconer is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Friday
Kath Hope replied to Linda's discussion Do charities take new surplus CPAP masks?
"Hi Linda I just wanted to say thanks for sending us your surplus cushions and headgear.  We've already given out one of the cushions to someone who was struggling with a split cushion.  We really do appreciate this and so did the…"
Dec 3
Sleep2snore replied to Judy Y's discussion Could I have developed Central Sleep Apnoea ?
"Hi Judy, Try drinking a glass if water before going to bed. Dehydration can play a part in the mornings."
Dec 2
Amanda Moore is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Nov 30
Judy Y replied to Judy Y's discussion Could I have developed Central Sleep Apnoea ?
"Hi again Kath, Just found how I can see Clear airway/Obstructed airway. So sorry for the previous question. It appears I have approx 80% obstructed. Thanks for your time, best regards"
Nov 28
Judy Y replied to Judy Y's discussion Could I have developed Central Sleep Apnoea ?
"Thanks for your answer Kath. The app I have is Philips Dreamapper . It tells me minimum/maximam/ 90% pressure, My AHI and mask fit, Hours usage. I cant see anything about obstructive or centrals. Is my app out of date, or my machine?"
Nov 28
Kath Hope replied to Judy Y's discussion Could I have developed Central Sleep Apnoea ?
"I don't think those symptoms are specific to central sleep apnoea.  Your app should tell you if those apnoeas are obstructive or  centrals.  It sometimes says 'CA.'  Sometimes when people first wake it takes a…"
Nov 27
Judy Y posted a discussion

Could I have developed Central Sleep Apnoea ?

HiI was diagnosed with severe sleep apnoea Jan 2017 after hiring a device from Hope2sleep. Think I had this problem for around 10 years. I eventually got my cpap machine in August 2017. I have had a few ups and downs, and had my machine adjusted a…See More
Nov 26
Edam replied to Edam's discussion Double inhaling
"Im on Warfarin for life because of leg DVT,s and Warfarin would be stopped 5 days before the operation. This could leave me at risk of another DVT.. Also the last time my Warfarin was stopped I has to self inject Heparin so my belly turned into a…"
Nov 25

© 2018   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service