Hope2SleepGuide

Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

All Discussions Tagged 'Sleep' (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

World Sleep Day 2015

Today is officially World Sleep Day and will be the focus all this month of good sleep and sleep disorders, so let's use this time to step…

Started by Kath Hope

0 Mar 13, 2015

Westminster Debate on Sleep Apnoea

At Long Last!!! Westminster holds a debate on Sleep Apnoea with a powerful speech by Julie Hilling MP joined by Meg Munn. Rosie Cooper adds…

Started by Kath Hope

0 Sep 3, 2014

Sleep Apnoea Awareness Day - 18th April 2014

Today is Sleep Apnoea Awareness Day, so let's not keep it to ourselves and get spreading the word. Here's 2 links below you could share (on…

Started by Kath Hope

1 Mar 18, 2014
Reply by Kath Hope

Raising Awareness on Radio Croydon

Preparing my talk for tomorrow's radio show when we're intending to raise awareness of Sleep Apnoea to the Croydon area (and hopefully beyo…

Started by Kath Hope

26 Feb 3, 2014
Reply by Kath Hope

Sleep Deprivation and the Brain

Started by Kath Hope

0 Dec 9, 2012

Sleep Week (commencing 29th October) on ITV's 'Daybreak'

Set your record buttons if you're not an early bird, as this week on ITV's 'Daybreak' Dr Hilary is speaking featuring Sleep.  On Tuesday's…

Started by Kath Hope

4 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by Kath Hope

Daily Mirror - Insomnia?

Today's article in the Daily Mirror is about Insomnia, but it's interesting to note all the 6 points highlighted are also related to Sleep…

Started by Kath Hope

2 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Kath Hope

50% of 400 Women Tested Postive for Sleep Apnoea

Half of Women May Have Sleep Apnoea: Study By Kerry Grens NEW YORK | Fri Sep 7, 2012 4:57pm EDT (Reuters Health) - Fully half of the 400…

Started by Kath Hope

1 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Kath Hope

DID THIS POOR LADY SUFFER FROM UNDIAGNOSED SLEEP APNOEA?

Just been reading this article on this rainy Bank Holiday Monday, and I can't help wondering if the poor lady had undiagnosed sleep apnoea,…

Started by Kath Hope

5 Jun 9, 2012
Reply by ZolliStar

Stop Snoring Week

Bearing in mind it's National Stop Snoring Week, this is a good time to highlight the issue of undiagnosed Sleep Apnoea to our friends and…

Started by Kath Hope

0 Apr 25, 2012

RSS

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Damien replied to Damien's discussion Newly diagnosed via Phillips at home test and needing advice
"Hi Kathy, i bit the bullet the other day and just ordered the apap. What is the usual waiting time for order and delivery completion in mainland UK? thanks  damien "
yesterday
Kath Hope replied to Damien's discussion Newly diagnosed via Phillips at home test and needing advice
"Bless you and do understand, now you've got a diagnosis with 'hope' in sight for an end, or at least vast improvements, to your symptoms.  We got some more machines ordered today, although only one APAP without a humifidier...the…"
Tuesday
Damien replied to Damien's discussion Newly diagnosed via Phillips at home test and needing advice
"Hi Kath, I’m just holding off to see final sight of my insurance docs and to speak to them (on the very unlikely chance they can do anything) but it does look like it will be excluded so will likely buy the apap this week and then see ENT…"
Tuesday
Kath Hope replied to Raza silveira's discussion Sleep disorder following mini stroke
"You definitely will be in good hands Raza and we look forward to helping you soon :)  Meanwhile, if you've not registered you might want to join us this Thursday on our support webinar…"
Monday
Kath Hope replied to Damien's discussion Newly diagnosed via Phillips at home test and needing advice
"Agree Damien, that although 14.6 is classed as mild (on the border of moderate though) I'd want that AHI and spo2 treating asap and especially if symptomatic. I'm not sure why you'd wait for recommendation from ENT though re CPAP when…"
Monday
"Hi Kath, Many thanks for your reply. My diagnosis was mild at 14.6 AHI but that included a sp02 nadir of 82% and some events lasting up to 90 seconds so i certainly don't feel its mild! I managed to get through to the clinic today who said it…"
Monday
Raza silveira replied to Raza silveira's discussion Sleep disorder following mini stroke
"Yes it is and I am reassured that I am in very good hands. raza"
Monday
Kath Hope replied to Raza silveira's discussion Sleep disorder following mini stroke
"You're welcome Raza and if it's us at the charity you've booked the sleep study with then it will be me who gives you the results, and the sleep consultant we use is very thorough indeed and will take all your medical history and any…"
Sunday
"Hi and welcome Damien What were the results of your sleep study....mild, moderate or severe sleep apnoea?  You're right that most private insurance doesn't cover sleep apnoea, although will sometimes pay for an initial…"
Sunday
Profile IconMaths Professor, Bob Gilchrist and Damien joined Hope2SleepGuide
Sunday
Damien posted a discussion

Newly diagnosed via Phillips at home test and needing advice

Hi all,I have recently been diagnosed with OSA via home test i paid for privately with Phillips and looking at some advice to get treated in the UK via NHS, private, or by sorting myself. I have never felt rested in the morning and people have…See More
Feb 28
Raza silveira replied to Raza silveira's discussion Sleep disorder following mini stroke
"Hi Kath Thank you very much for the detailed response and additional links. It is quite a relief to have problems shared and acknowledged. I am requesting the sleep test over two nights for good measure and will let you know how I get on. Raza"
Feb 27
"Hi Raza and glad you found us. Firstly to say, there are many of us who aren't overweight, smokers or regular drinkers (mine's severe), as the main reason for sleep apnoea is due to craniofacial issues that we inherit, but of course being…"
Feb 26
Raza silveira posted a discussion

Sleep disorder following mini stroke

Hi Kath and everybody. My name is Raza and am new to this forum. It feels really good to sound out people who have first hand experience of sleep apnoea. I am 72 not overweight and do not drink or smoke. I had a mini stroke,cerebellum, just before…See More
Feb 26
Raza silveira replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Hi Kath and everybody. My name is Raza and am new to this forum. It feels really good to sound out people who have first hand experience of sleep apnoea. I am 72 not overweight and do not drink or smoke. I had a mini stroke,cerebellum, just before…"
Feb 26
Tricia Dickson updated their profile
Feb 26
An event by Kath Hope was featured
Thumbnail

Hope2Sleep Charity's Free Online Webinar at Online

March 4, 2021 from 8pm to 9:30pm
All Welcome to our Hope2Sleep Charity's 2nd Online Webinar.  Please note you do not need a Zoom account to join our webinar and you won't be on camera so no need to be shy!You can also ask questions during the webinar to be answered by the…See More
Feb 25
Kath Hope posted an event
Thumbnail

Hope2Sleep Charity's Free Online Webinar at Online

March 4, 2021 from 8pm to 9:30pm
All Welcome to our Hope2Sleep Charity's 2nd Online Webinar.  Please note you do not need a Zoom account to join our webinar and you won't be on camera so no need to be shy!You can also ask questions during the webinar to be answered by the…See More
Feb 25
Profile IconLinda and Raza silveira joined Hope2SleepGuide
Feb 25
Doug Baguley is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Feb 23

© 2021   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service