Hope2SleepGuide

Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.

Welcome to the Hope2SleepGuide Forum, which is a service run by the Hope2Sleep Charity founded by Kath Hope with a marvellous team of trustees and volunteers. 

Kath herself has severe sleep apnoea and hypoventilation/hypercapnia, and has used CPAP for several years and is now on non-invasive ventilation.  Our trustees and volunteers are all either sufferers of sleep disordered breathing or clinicians/medics working in this field, and most importantly, we are all passionate in supporting (with empathy) others and raising awareness to help people live healthier and more energised lives.

Whilst we do not give medical advice, more often than not, with support, tips and knowledge, people can overcome any problems experienced with our therapy, and there is a whole page dedicated to this on the website http://www.hope2sleep.co.uk/tips-for-problems-sleeping-with-cpap-or...

Please come and join us, and don’t feel obligated to use your ‘real’ name if you prefer to remain anonymous as this is a public forum.  Don’t be shy in posting and sharing, as we’re all in this together and to help each other.

Best Wishes for good sleep!

Kath

Views: 11476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I was looking something up on the internet about Philips Dreamstations and came across a recall announcement 

https://www.cpap.com/blog/philips-recall/  and I wondered if any body has had their machine repaired / replaced

duplcate

Hi John. We've known about this since June which is causing a tremendous backlog at the clinics and we're inundated about this safety issue at the charity. We're keeping everyone updated both in our Private Facebook Group and on the website on this link https://www.hope2sleep.co.uk/dreamstation-cpap-pro-or-auto-apap-mac...

Many thanks , I have applied to join the Facebook Group and will see what happens about a replacement

Thanks for accepting me. I've been a long stime sufferer of sleep apnoea and have been on auto cpap for 16 years. I never even knew this site existed until today I'm hoping a get some piece of mind here as I don't get any with my gp 

Welcome.  I was diagnosed in 2009 at 80+ events per hour, but was discharged by the sleep clinic many years ago, on the basis that I was "self managing".  I bought an APAP machine, which allows me to see how well I am doing, and I buy my own masks as the clinic masks were very cumbersome.  I haven't mentioned CPAP to my GP since he first referred me for a sleep study.  Having said that, I'm quite happy with the arrangement :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Profile IconEmFlu, Sniffy and Anita Albrow joined Hope2SleepGuide
3 hours ago
LR is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
May 19
Ross Freemantle is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
May 11
Glassdaisy added a discussion to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Thumbnail

Phillips RESPIRONICS New Sealed Wisp Nasal Mask with Fabric Frame

Hi, I have brand new nasal mask as above for sale. I need full face mask so it was unwanted.£75 including postageSee More
May 7
Peggy cheyo is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
May 3
Profile IconGillian Love and JES SINGLE joined Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 30
Steve Darley is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 26
Barry Clayton updated their profile
Apr 12
Crissy B updated their profile
Apr 12
Sharon Gooding is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 9
Kath Hope posted a discussion

Hope2Sleep Charity Raffle

Only 24 hours to purchase Raffle Tickets as the draw is tomorrow (Monday 4th April), and we're looking forward to giving good news to 20 lucky winners!Tickets can be bought at…See More
Apr 3
Chris Mayers is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Apr 2
Adele Aubrey is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
Mar 31
Profile IconShirley lucas and stuart bedford joined Hope2SleepGuide
Mar 28
Glenys Everest replied to Glenys Everest's discussion Spare unused nasal pillows
"Thanks will do xxI actually asked the clinic yesterday.  They thought it was a good idea, but wasn't something they do.  They do however break into new headgear packs to take odd ones out (so no idea if they can still pass on the…"
Mar 25
Kath Hope replied to Glenys Everest's discussion Spare unused nasal pillows
"Glenys, if you move this post to our Buy, Sell and Swap section people are more likely to see it. You should see a tab to it on the top bar or click this link to take you there http://hope2sleepguide.co.uk/group/buy-sell The reason the clinics give…"
Mar 23
Glenys Everest posted a discussion

Spare unused nasal pillows

Is there a swap section on here, please?I have some Large Nuance nasal pillows, still in their package, that I won't be using, and wondered if there is anyone out there with some mediums that they don't need and could swap with me please?Our clinic…See More
Mar 23
Kath Hope replied to David's discussion Where do you got your distilled water for humidifier
"Sorry David as missed your question. To be fair all the manufacturers say to use distilled water in the manual, but as you've discovered it's hard to get it here. I live in a very hard water area so I do purchase it but it's not…"
Mar 22
Jonathan replied to The SleepGuide Crew's discussion Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.
"Welcome.  I was diagnosed in 2009 at 80+ events per hour, but was discharged by the sleep clinic many years ago, on the basis that I was "self managing".  I bought an APAP machine, which allows me to see how well I am doing, and…"
Mar 22
Jonathan updated their profile
Mar 22

© 2022   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service