Hope2SleepGuide

Sleep Apnoea Forum Bringing Help + Support to the Patient

Welcome to our Forum - Feel Free to Introduce Yourself Here.

Welcome to the Hope2SleepGuide Forum, which is a service run by the Hope2Sleep Charity founded by Kath Hope with a marvellous team of trustees and volunteers. 

Kath herself has severe sleep apnoea and hypoventilation/hypercapnia, and has used CPAP for several years and is now on non-invasive ventilation.  Our trustees and volunteers are all either sufferers of sleep disordered breathing or clinicians/medics working in this field, and most importantly, we are all passionate in supporting (with empathy) others and raising awareness to help people live healthier and more energised lives.

Whilst we do not give medical advice, more often than not, with support, tips and knowledge, people can overcome any problems experienced with our therapy, and there is a whole page dedicated to this on the website http://www.hope2sleep.co.uk/tips-for-problems-sleeping-with-cpap-or...

Please come and join us, and don’t feel obligated to use your ‘real’ name if you prefer to remain anonymous as this is a public forum.  Don’t be shy in posting and sharing, as we’re all in this together and to help each other.

Best Wishes for good sleep!

Kath

Views: 11517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I was looking something up on the internet about Philips Dreamstations and came across a recall announcement 

https://www.cpap.com/blog/philips-recall/  and I wondered if any body has had their machine repaired / replaced

duplcate

Hi John. We've known about this since June which is causing a tremendous backlog at the clinics and we're inundated about this safety issue at the charity. We're keeping everyone updated both in our Private Facebook Group and on the website on this link https://www.hope2sleep.co.uk/dreamstation-cpap-pro-or-auto-apap-mac...

Many thanks , I have applied to join the Facebook Group and will see what happens about a replacement

Thanks for accepting me. I've been a long stime sufferer of sleep apnoea and have been on auto cpap for 16 years. I never even knew this site existed until today I'm hoping a get some piece of mind here as I don't get any with my gp 

Welcome.  I was diagnosed in 2009 at 80+ events per hour, but was discharged by the sleep clinic many years ago, on the basis that I was "self managing".  I bought an APAP machine, which allows me to see how well I am doing, and I buy my own masks as the clinic masks were very cumbersome.  I haven't mentioned CPAP to my GP since he first referred me for a sleep study.  Having said that, I'm quite happy with the arrangement :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sleep Apnoea Forum

New to the Sleep Apnoea Forum? 

1. Stop by our Sleep Apnoea Welcome Center to introduce yourself to the SleepGuide community.
2. Start a New Topic of Conversation.
3. Post your photos - of yourself, your old CPAP machine, your new CPAP machine, your pet, something about you!

Interested in advertising, have a problem or need to contact us? Click the Report an Issue page.

Latest Activity

Sydney Bach is now a member of Hope2SleepGuide
11 hours ago
Alison replied to Alison's discussion Knightsbridge Chin Strap. Medium in the group Buy-Sell-Swap
"Hello All, I would still like to sell my Knightsbridge chin strap (see above for description) so reducing the price to £18 P&P included. Let me know."
18 hours ago
Mark Hunt joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
yesterday
Mark Hunt replied to JODY CROSS's discussion Selling The AirSense™ 10 AutoSet is a premium, auto-adjusting device. A host of breakthrough features, including the smart AutoSet algorithm. Designed to be intuitive and easy to use, you can simply p in the group Buy-Sell-Swap
"Hi Jody us this still available? Could you tell me exactly what it comes with an if it is My air compatible thanks."
yesterday
Catherine MacLean posted a discussion

USED Resmed F20 Medium headgear and mask

Free to someone who wants to try or has to pay for themselves.It has been used but no longer needed as I now use F30.…See More
yesterday
Profile IconCatherine MacLean and Mark Hunt joined Hope2SleepGuide
yesterday
Bev Chumbley added a discussion to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Thumbnail

SWAP.... EVORA FULLFACE MASK CUSHIONS SIZE XS AND LARGE

Hi, I have the Evora full-face  minimal contact mask and I brought the fit pack from H2S. The are still sealed in original wrappers as the medium fits me great. So I have an XS and a Large cushions to swap for a medium if anyone is interested. See More
Friday
Bev Chumbley joined The SleepGuide Crew's group
Friday
Kath Hope replied to halfluke's discussion Medistrom Pilot and Devilbiss SleepCube
"Ha, well I'd better take the other one off stock then quick for our rental service which should be live tomorrow. Good job we found out about this though Halfluke, thanks to you. I went onto cpap . com in USA to see if we could buy some…"
Thursday
halfluke replied to halfluke's discussion Medistrom Pilot and Devilbiss SleepCube
"Wow, thank you for the thorough explanation. I didn't know that DeVilbiss stopped making CPAP machines... I recently bought a spare refurbished SleepCube (1) as the simplest and cheapest option considering I already own a Tracer battery... just…"
Thursday
Kath Hope replied to halfluke's discussion Medistrom Pilot and Devilbiss SleepCube
"Hi again Halfluke I heard back from Choice One yesterday like I knew I would as their support is fantastic, and we've heard back from them today with further help. However, I wanted us to physically test everything out before confirming to…"
Thursday
halfluke replied to halfluke's discussion Medistrom Pilot and Devilbiss SleepCube
"yes, it is a picture I found for the  DV63D-613 which is for the DeVilbiss Blue (IntelliPAP 2). What I'm thinking is that perhaps owners of the IntelliPAP 1 should use the IntelliPAP1 cable + the DV63D-613 for the IntelliPAP 2…"
Wednesday
"I've sent an email Halfluke so we should hear back soon to solve this issue. I can't see the product code on the back of your image, but is it DV63D-613 which is for the DeVilbiss Blue (IntelliPAP 2). To my knowledge all…"
Tuesday
"Thank you. I have a feeling that the answer will be that the owners of the first model of the SleepCube will have to buy the power supply of the Blue (newer model). I found the following picture that makes me think that the cable provided with the…"
Tuesday
"Ah that's interesting Halfluke. I was only at the charity when it was being charged, and for that we used the power supply that I posted an image of a day or so ago from the DeVilbiss Blue (IntelliPAP 2), but I'd left when it was time to…"
Tuesday
"Thank you Kath. Well, I don't think the problem is between the Pilot12 and the SleepCube, you should be able to connect it with one of the Output adapters of the P12MXDPLK to the 12vDC entry of the old SleepCube (see my pic: the round…"
Tuesday
"Hi again Halfluke This is indeed a challenge, but I'm glad this issue came up even if you don't end up purchasing the Pilot-12 as it's important that we get to the bottom of this as there are a lot of UK sleep clinics that have…"
Tuesday
FIONA MCGRORY added 3 discussions to the group Buy-Sell-Swap
Tuesday
"That's the problem Kath. The original SleepCube (IntelliPap 1) does not come with a power supply at all. The cable I showed goes directly into the back of the machine. My machine was bought in Italy but I simply use a socket adapter for the…"
Jun 21
"Sorry for the delay Halfluke, but I've been trying to find an image of the full SleepCube cable (the bit that goes into the back of the machine) as I can see the other end of yours isn't a UK 3-pin plug. The only image I have (which we…"
Jun 20

© 2022   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service